Twitter Gets Aggressive on Spam Accounts

Check out the housing cleaning on my Twitter @TrafficisGold account. In just one day Twitter took out 350+ accounts that where following me. This is good news people! I am a big fan of this house cleaning and think it should happen much more regularly. You can see by the picture my numbers bounced back very fast, but let’s just hope the new accounts are real people and not more spam accounts. Only time will tell. Has your account been hit? My wife’s account @YogaStuff was not affected, which means she has very few spam accounts following her. Good for her!


You can read more about the spam cleaning at TechCrunch.

Will Oprah Bring Out The Twitter Fail Whale?

Oprah is set to talk about Twitter tomorrow and do her first Tweet…

So will we see this all day?


Or This…


or nothing at all?

My bet is the service will grind to a halt and the Whale will be out in full force.

Let me know your thoughts:

My New Twitter Policy

New Twitter Policy goes into effect today. If you have the default Twitter icon default_profile_bigger.pngor a locked account (and I don’t personally know you) I will not follow you back. How hard is it to upload an image of yourself or your company’s logo? It’s not. If you don’t want your picture up there because you are insecure then go make an avatar. Don’t want your picture up on Twitter because you’re managing a business account, cool, put up your company logo.

When I see the default logo 95% of the time it’s a spam account. The other 5% is split between people who just joined Twitter to join and complete newbies. I have nothing against newbies at all. I actually welcome them with open arms and want to help them get the most out of Twitter. I am happy to follow, just show some respect for the Twitter community and fully update your profiles. Otherwise what’s the point?

Twitter Auto DMs Suck

The abuse of the Twitter Direct Message (DM) functionality has always been an issue with Twitter. However, as my follower count grows so does the constant barrage of useless and annoying Auto Direct messages. The idea of someone trying to sell sell me an e-book or whatever, before any kind of relationship has been established seems silly and wrong. Anyway, here is a video I made regarding Twitter and Auto DM’s.

Found this great post by Robert Scoble , Love his number 8, which states:

8. I can’t put an auto answer onto DM’s so that I can tell you to get a clue and to send me email instead.

Sprint Ad with a Twitter Call Out

I saw this ad last night and the Twitter call out (00:33 in) was pretty cool. Nice work to the folks at Sprint.